Sunday, November 4, 2012

Lately I've been thinking about what I would be like if I hadn't had the people I'd had around me/in my life when i really wanted to break out of my shell full of insecurity and fear of rejection. I'm almost positive that if I hadn't had the support from the people I had or anybody to look up to I would have gone in the complete opposite direction. I frequently felt nervous around people, feared what people thought of me, and I could barely even look at myself in the mirror when I didn't have makeup on. I have grown so, so much since that time and I am extremely proud of myself for fighting through that and becoming the person I am today. I still have insecurities, yes, but I never even think for a second about what others think about me anymore which was a big problem for me a few years ago. Its a slow process, and I've come really far. I'm fully confident with the way I dress and what I choose to do with my body. I wouldn't have achieved that point without my mom and the internet (that sounds so weird when I say I'm thankful for the internet, but I am?) to intrigue me with feminism and optimism, and especially being thankful for yourself and the way you look. When I look far away at my whole life, I'd like to say that what really helped was learning about feminism. It made me proud to be a girl and made me knowledgeable of the history behind it, while also teaching me about all of the issues and definitions behind things I hadn't ever thought of before. I feel like the luckiest gal on earth to hear people tell me that they look up to me, I would have never even dreamed of that feeling and it's endless. I'm glad to be my own hero, while also having the most amazing people to look up to and have inspire me almost every day. For about a week I had girls submit me a picture or two of them in their favorite outfits or items of clothing. I wanted to do this because these are the people who inspire me, looking through all of the different looks and clothes was such a treat. I think that I get a lot of inspiration from people who are independent and dress and act however they want, I love seeing confidence in girls and sadly it isn't very common anymore. I'm so thankful for all of the support I get, and I wanted to dedicate this to all of the wonderful people I have met throughout me having my blog, and even if you didn't submit a picture, even if you just admire my blog, I thank you immensely. 
I hope you love looking through these as much as I did. xo




























10 Comments:

alyssa pageot said...

BABE OVERLOAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! holy shit though that one sweater with all the cakes

sarah said...

i know!!! the dress with the dice all over it killed me

lorna † said...

this is just perfect.

brie said...

oh my goodness i love this!!! they're all so gorgeous/magical/spunky ahhhh <3 <3

♡~ h3xgIrLfRi3nD ~♡ said...

it's so important to learn the life lesson of NOT GIVING A SINGLE FUCK what anyone else thinks of you - the earlier in life you learn it, the better off you are! love all the babes here, i got a girly boner going on cause i got MAD girl crushes up in this post.

tane said...

hot damn!!!!!!!!!!!! whole lotta hotties here <3

sarah said...

exactly! so did i, i'm so happy i get to have these babes on my blog now ^.^

Catie said...

thank you for featuring me :3 I'm really flattered! ♥

sarah said...

no worries lovey! you are literally the cutest so i mean HOW COULD I NOT?

Jen Hoodratroughdiamond said...

oxoxoxoxoxo <3

Post a Comment